SUMMER CAMPS UPDATE
The Diefenbaker Canada Centre really hopes that summer camps can continue as planned this summer. However, due to uncertainty surrounding Phase 4 of the Government of Saskatchewan's re-opening plan, we have come up with an alternative solution should we not be able to hold the Diefenbaker Spy Academy camps in person.
For those of you who register or who have children currently registered for spy camp, if on-campus camps are cancelled, you will be contacted directly by a Diefenbaker Canada Centre employee and will be offered a full refund on your camp fees. You will also be given an opportunity to register your child in an instructor-led online version of the camp, which would be held on the same dates as the cancelled on-campus version.
Diefenbaker's Virtual Spy Academy Camp would run as a week-long, half-day program. Each day would include live, interactive components as well as independent activities for campers to complete. Any necessary program materials (craft supplies, worksheets) would be provided to campers prior to the start of camp.
We continue to monitor the situation, and will provide more information on summer camps as it becomes available.
The health and safety of our staff, building tenants, and all those who visit the Diefenbaker Canada Centre (DCC) for programming or to peruse the gallery are our priority. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the DCC will be adjusting its operations effective March 16, 2020 at 8 a.m.
To help prevent illness and the transmission of COVID-19, we will:
- Temporarily close the Diefenbaker Canada Centre and the Touch the Sky: The Story of Avro Canada exhibit as of Monday, March 16, at 8:00 am until further notice.
- Suspend all school programming, both at the DCC and in schools, until further notice. This includes the Your Voice Matters program in both Saskatoon and Regina.
- Suspend all campus tours until further notice. If you have booked an upcoming tour, DCC staff will be in touch with you and refund your money.
We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation and will decide in the coming weeks whether to cancel the summer camps, slated for July and August 2020. In the event that summer camps are cancelled, DCC staff will be in touch with those who have registered and provide a refund.