As Canada's only prime ministerial centre in Western Canada located on a university campus, the Diefenbaker Canada Center honours the legacy of The Right Honourable John G. Diefenbaker by enriching the civic and cultural knowledge of those who view our exhibits, partake in our educational programming, and engage with our staff through various community and centre events.
Featured Online Exhibit
The Little Stone Schoolhouse, originally known as Victoria School, is a designated historic building residing here on the USask campus. The schoolhouse was built in 1888 by stonemason Alexander Marr as the first school of the temperance colony that helped establish the city. In 1909, after 22 years of use, the schoolhouse was replaced by a larger school in its location and thus began the project of relocating the original one-room schoolhouse to campus. After its relocation, the stone schoolhouse was used as a storage unit until 1965 when restoration took place.
Visit our online exhibit to learn more!
Participate in Historic Places Day this July!
Looking for activities to do at home? Click here to access colouring sheets, connect-the-dots, word searches, and more!